Friday, August 12, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring & we are all praising GOD!

I'm sure some of y'all have heard about this drought in Texas, it's bad y'all. It has not rained in A YEAR, well until last night. :)

With all the ranches in Texas, we need rain. Remember all the wild fires I talked about? How they threatened my home town, destroyed a town 20 mins from mine, & left people with nothing?

Folks have been praying day & night for rain. Lord, send us rain & lots of it.
One night, I even contemplated doing a rain dance because I've got some A W E S O M E white girl moves, but lover said he didn't think that was such a great idea - my neighbors might see. HA

So last night around 9pm on my way home, God answered prayers with lots of rain. It was so awesome. My windshield wipers weren't even sure how to react. It got a little scary because I couldn't even see where I  was going, cars were stalled everywhere, & traffic lights were out. But? I didn't even care because IT WAS RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you baby Jesus!!!

I snapped this at a red light.

On the way home, I couldn't help but smile. I was so giddy. I literally felt like God was smiling down on L, Texas last night laughing & saying, "See? I do answer prayers but in MY TIME." It was simply... amazing.
Driving to work this morning I splashed through every puddle I could :) We are no where near being out of a drought, but this moisture was much needed. Please pray that my hometown & the rest of Texas can experience a torrential down pour.

God's mercy is unevititable. He will ALWAYS take care of us, we just have to believe & have faith.

 Psalm 37:7
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him

10 sweet comments...:

Sarah Ann said...

God is so good! I'm glad you got rain and that you are all safer now!! Enjoy your weekend.. hopefully it's rain-filled!!

Brittany said...

Yay for rain!!!

Anonymous said...

send some to New Mexico please :)

Amanda said...

Thank God for the rain!! My boyfriends ranch has had 5 fires since May and has burned over 17,000 acres. =[ I'll keep praying sister!!

J said...

I'm *so* glad some of Texas got some rain last night!! Now if we could get some down here near Houston, I'd be even more glad!!

Ashley said...

so glad y'all finally got the rain y'all so very much need. praying for more your way :)

Amber Marie said...

Praise Jesus! I know our MS farmers love the rain too. I'm glad we share a God who provides, girl!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

What is this liquid coming from the sky?

:)

Mary and Dyer said...

God is great!! I used to live in Arizona so I know how it feels to not have rain in foorrrevvverr!

Blessings,
Danielle

maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thankfully it has rained for two days straight in Houston! It was no where close to the amount we needed but we are so thankful to just get a little bit when we can!