Monday, August 22, 2011

We got DUNKED!

Sunday was a big day for us, we got baptized!! :) I can cross that off my 101 in 1001. I know a lot of people have different opinions about baptisms & I respect all of them. I was baptized when I was a baby, but I've learned over the past couple years that when you're old enough to actually KNOW that you are giving your life to Christ, you should be baptized again, just to show your commitment. It's mainly tradition, but it was my (our) next step to having a better relationship with Christ. It made me happy, I did it for myself & God, & it was an amazing feeling to be doing it with my best friend :) My friend Lauren was there as well, which made is even better.

Before church :)

After we were baptized, I'll never forget that moment


1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Romans 6:3-4
 Or are you without the knowledge that all we who had baptism into Christ Jesus, had baptism into his death?  We have been placed with him among the dead through baptism into death: so that as Christ came again from the dead by the glory of the Father, we, in the same way, might be living in new life.


We're off to THE BEACH! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Oh, a couple of my girls after they were all pretty & groomed :)

Ellie with her Auntie Lauren

5 sweet comments...:

Amber Marie said...

Congrats, girl! Daddy God is proud :)

Brittany said...

Congratulations, girl! This is such an exciting time in life.

Christina said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations :) that's so great!

Jamie said...

How exciting :)

My little Daisy got a haircut this weekend too and looks a lot like your pups!