Sunday, April 10, 2011

Devastation - need prayers!!

OK y'all....I'm asking you all to pray for my hometown in Texas. A smaller town about 20 miles from Alpine; Ft. Davis looks like a war-zone. Its SO SO dry, and the wild fires are out of control. That's where my friend Lauren is from - her house has some smoke damage, and houses are down all around hers. They have no electricity or water.

Lauren & I at church this morning :)


Being almost 5 hours away - we feel so helpless. All we can do is watch for updates, and PRAY. 40-50 families have lost their homes, dozens of horses have been killed, and dead cattle are everywhere. It's just not good. They declared it a "National Priority" and fire ranger services are being called in from North Carolina; hopefully to be arriving soon.

SO please....PRAY for RAIN, pray for all of the firefighters & volunteers who have been working since yesterday (including my family), pray that they can get these fires contained, and pray for everyone who has lost anything or everything.

I'm so proud to be from West Texas - a small knit community who is coming together and doing all they can to help. They have already started collecting items, ladies from our church made over 500 sandwiches last night, etc etc. My mom has been there all day. I'll leave you with some pictures.

Go HERE to read a little bit about it.

Those are some some of the pictures. I'll try and add more later. God hears prayers!!!

7 sweet comments...:

Kelsey Claire said...

How horrible! Will pray!

Ramblin' Blonde said...

I've been hearing about this. praying!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

My prayers are with you!

PS I LOVE your header pic! Super gorg!

Cori said...

My prayers are with you all.

Cori @ www.ILoveLucyJean.com

Miss JLM said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Jamie said...

Oh no! I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers!

Just Jinny said...

I live in San Angelo..so I'm in that neck of the woods. I have lived here my entire life and have never seen anything like this. We need rain, rain, and more rain...and fast.