Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bikini Boot-Camp

So, I'm always reading blog post about girls wanting to lose weight... I've just never done one myself probably because I don't want to end up disappointing myself in the end. Let me just say- I can TOTALLY relate. I'm definitely not one of "those girls" who can eat ANYTHING, & never gain one pound - although I WISH I was. Ha! I"m also not one that can only eat a meal a-day.....uhhhh no thanks! I guess I'll give you a little background on myself. :)
Growing up I was always the skinny, bony little kid. High school rolled around & I stayed pretty fit ONLY because of sports; volleyball, track, tennis, & of course the dreaded off-season kept me in tip top shape. My senior year I actually lost quite a bit of weight & hit my lowest weight, which for me was unhealthy. I weighed 115- which is pretty skinny for my build & height. I eventually gained what I needed to back.

So then......... College rolled around. Dun dun DUN. It started off great & I actually LOST weight. I was terrified of gaining that "freshman15." Little did I know - I would gain the sophomore 20 +! I worked out regularly & was actually in awesome shape.

THEN... I moved to Lu*****. It's been 4 years & I've GAINED close to 20 pounds. That may be shocking to people I know... Let me just say I hide it well. ;) ha. And I gradually gained it, not all at once which is probably why I don't look like I've gained that much... But I FEEL IT. And that my friends is almost worse. People tell me all the time that it's crazy I want to lose 20 lbs. But it's not to me. And really? It's more about FEELING good again, & being healthy.

So acourse I've tried loosing it. I've lost some, the gained it back, etc. It's a vicious cycle that drives me INSANE! WHY IS THIS SOOOOOOO HARD?! I'll tell you why - and it's actually pretty simple.

I.love.food. I love it. I'm from Texas so BBQ, steak, potatoes, & all that good stuff comes pretty natural to these taste buds ;) Also - MEXICAN FOOD IS MY FAV! I could LIVE off chips & salsa! I'm sure y'all have heard me talk about Abuelos on here a time or two ;) ha. Also - sweets. I'm a sucker for sweets. I love going "out" to eat...love restaurants, etc. And cheese? Yummm cheese. OK - enough about food, it's making me hungry. haha! I'll get to the point before I bore y'all to death.

Starting on Monday morning at 5:45 am I will be starting my first ever BIKINI BOOTCAMP! And boy am I excited!!! I had my consultation with the fitness studio yesterday where they weighed me, and took all my measurements. Ah, painful. I'm going to "change" my diet...not necessarily GO on a diet, because let's face it - those DO NOT work for me. I'm just going to decrease my calorie intake, and eat HEALTHY. On the right hand side of my blog, I will be keeping track of how much weight I've lost each week. I will tell you though that I build muscle rather QUICKLY - so don't be surprised if I end up not losing 20 lbs. They measured everything on me as well, so I'll be posting how many inches I'll be takin' away. Like I said before - its more about how I FEEL in my clothes; not really about how much WEIGHT I'm loosing. :) It is nice to see you're making a little progress though. :)



We will start every morning with a mile run., and then each day will be something different. It's Monday-Friday, 6-7am for 6 weeks. I hope I can make it! Hopefully I'll earn myself one of these T-shirts.

I'm going to be updating my progress on the handy dandy blog, so keep me accountable peeps! Hmmm Easter Peeps. I'm ridiculous.

So on this lovely of a Saturday, I will be getting a mani/pedi, watching my love play in a softball tourney, lunch somewhere, and then the rodeo is tonight! I see a little 2-steppin' in my near future! :)

4 sweet comments...:

Ashley Lauren said...

Good luck girl!! I know what you mean about the steak, potatoes & BBQ.. food is just SO TASTY here in Texas lol. Have a great day doll!! xoxo

www.texasprep.blogspot.com

qeniwait said...

Thanks for your share! very impressive!

cheap nolvadex

radapunk said...

excellent articles, useful for me. keep writing and happy blogging.

paxil

radapunk said...

IĆ¢€™ve been into blogging for quite some time and this is definitely a great post.Cheers!

generic paxil