Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wishful Wednesday - Easter

It's Wishful Wednesday at Kelsey's blog!! :) Easter is one of my favorite holidays, can you tell by my new blog lay-out?? Ha!

'I wish' .... I could re-live one Easter memory from my childhood, and it would be the Easter that: well, it would be every single Easter from my childhood!

I miss my childhood Easter's SO much! This is a little play-by-play on how they would go:
  • We would decorate and color eggs that Saturday before Easter Sunday
  • Sunday morning we would wake up to treats from the Easter bunny - which usually included candy, a stuffed animal of some sort (usually a bunny), & other cool little random things that were just 'so cool' when we were that age
  • My mom would get my sister and I all ready (matching dresses and all!) for church. I always loved Easter because we would always get to pick out new Easter dresses :)
  • Our church always held a small egg hunt so of course we were participants in that! :)
  • After that we would head out to my grandparents house in the country for a big Easter lunch
We did this for YEARS; and I wish I could go back, re-live it, and soak up every second of it. I usually head home for Easter, but not this Sunday! Our church is going to be NUTS, so of course I'm helping out with all 5 services in the nursery - but hey, I'm not complaining, more babies for me!! :) :)

4 sweet comments...:

Beth McC. said...

YAY! I love all the memories! I wrote about the same thing! So Fun!

Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter Week

Sammy said...

Our Easter schedule sound a lot a like! :)

Have fun at church Sunday, I'm sure all the kids will look adorable in their little Easter outfits :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

How amazing is your momma!! Would you die if I told you I never remember painting eggs??? Sad right!!

Kenj said...

I have ALWAYS hate painting eggs, I know crazy, but I got the urge to do it this year. I can't wait. I think everything is better as a child. I love your memories though.!!!