Tuesday, March 2, 2010

God Blessed Texas with His own hands...

Since today IS 3-2-10 (cool, eh?) AND its Texas' birthday, I HAD to write about why I think Texas is the greatest state, ever! 1. First off, everything is BIGGER in Texas!

2. Our Texas "drawl", duh! ;)

3. It is far friendlier here than anywhere else...ask anyone!

4. Texas BBQ. Mmm mmm mmm!

5. We refer to the Dallas Cowboys as "God's favorite football team"

6. Pick-up trucks, Cowboy boots, and some good ol' country livin' are just a few of our favorite things

7. Texas has breathtaking mountains in the Big Bend (which is where I'm from!!!)

8. Texas is NASA

9. We only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco. ;)

10. So every person in every pickup waves. :D

11. Our state flower is the gorgeous bluebonnet!

12. You can find a good hearted man and young lovin' woman anywhere.

13. Reagan, Honorary Texan

13. George W. Bush is from TEXAS!


14. Texas sunsets. 'Nuff said

15. Texas Ranching, Amen!

I could go on and on and on about this great state, but I'll stop while I'm ahead. ;) I may be a little biased, but I was born and raised in Texas and I think its safe to say I'll be raising my kids here, too!! Happy Birthday, TEXAS!

5 sweet comments...:

Kelsey Claire said...

God Bless Texas!

Sarah Ann said...

I LOVE the Cowboys :) I'm from South Carolina but my heart and family are in Texas!
Go America's team!!!

Cute blog!!

Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com

krislyn. said...

My goof friend {old roommate} would be so proud of this post! Considering she texted me yesterday saying "Happy Texas Independence Day!!" .. Something about those Texan's .. They just love their state! ;-) I think I need to come check it out.

PS .. loving your blog too!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

This made me sooo happy, and I am so proud to have grown up a TEXAN!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Hi Jennie! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I love that you have a post about Texas. I lived in Texas for a large part of my childhood and loved it. I've always dreamed of moving back!