Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I choose happiness! :)

I've been working on this post for a couple of days...OK, maybe more like 10 minutes on Saturday & this did start out as a "Whoa me, I need advice on "how to" get my out of this emotional slump I've been in" BUT this post has changed drastically since then...

...yesterday my friend Lauren & I felt like crap emotionally all day, and pretty much were just feeling sorry for ourselves. Boo. UNTIL...about 11:30P she texted me and said "Ok, that's IT. From this day forward I choose happiness! I can control my own emotions, (for the most part, we're women for crying out loud!) enough already!!!" A light bulb then went off in my head...I thought, DUH! Gah, its THAT easy.

Yes, we all have our days where things just don't go right, we cry at the drop of a hat, and our anger gets the best of us. But for the most part, it's usually all in our heads! If we wake up thinking the day will be bad...then it will be. So this morning we rounded up all our girlfriends (who have also been down big time in the slumps lately), and basically told them that instead of always venting to each other about silly life problems, we should be encouraging each other in the best ways possible, looking at the positives of every situation, and being HAPPY. So one of the girls came up with the idea for us to all write a "bucket list" of things we all want to do this summer. So...we are going to go to lunch tomorrow to share all of our endeavors, combine them, and start this summer off right! :)
So the adventure begins with my very own, 2010 Summer BUCKET LIST: (in no particular order since we WILL be doing ALL of them)

  1. Go skydiving!!!!! There is a place about 2 hours from where we live that I have already contacted - we plan on getting tickets SOON!!! :):):):)
  2. Go to Palo Duro Canyon at least 3 times. There is camping, hiking, and other fun activities.
  3. Cook dinner twice a week together.
  4. Start a Bible study together.
  5. Have at least 3 BBQ's. 4 of the girls are getting a house together, yay!
  6. Have a 'girls day' once a month that includes a pedi/mani & all things girly
  7. I would say have lunch every now and then, but I think we have that one covered! ha!
  8. Round up the gang and attend church every Sunday morning. (We're starting this Sunday!)
  9. ROAD TRIP!!!! Planning...in progress!! :):):)
  10. Love each other. Support each other. Listen to each other. Be each others best friends.
So, there you have it. I can.not.wait to see what the other girls have planned!!!! I'm stoked because Thursday night we're cooking a delicious dinner at my place, and watching the first Sex & the City movie to be refreshed before we see the 2nd one THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! Ahhhh words can not explain how excited this makes me feel!!!! I already feel happier because I CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!

I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.
                                                      Ecclesiastes 3:12

 
So, what are some of the things you and your girlfriends do in the summer? Anything "bonding" that would be good for our friendship? Suggestions are welcomed!! :):):)

0 sweet comments...: