Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Books & Miles...





...are 2 of my very favorite things right now. Well, kind of. I LOVE reading, I've always loved reading. But lately, I've really been into it. I'm reading a book right now called 'Its all about Him' that Don's mom let me borrow. She had encouraged me to read it, and what a great decision that was.

Its by Denise Jackson, and its about how her and her husband, Alan Jackson have overcome a lot, by putting God first. I'm really enjoying it so far because I can relate it to my life, my relationship with Christ and my relationship with my boyfriend. They were high school sweethearts, from a small town, & their dreams came true when Alan made it big, but realized that real life is different from fairy tales. At the pinnacle of his success, they separated. Denise had felt lost, and unsure of who she really was. Here's a quote that I couldn't agree more with :

"You don't have to be rich and famous to go through struggles like these. Sooner or later, we all come to the point when we realize that real joy and peace isn't just around the corner of the next achievement, and the next relationship, the next new thing."

Basically, they both put God first in both of their lives, and when they did, everything came together perfectly. :) A true love story of you ask me.

The miles part? Well, that's how many miles I would like to start running every week. I've been reading a couple of "running" blogs that show how many miles you're supposed to run everyday, at what pace, etc. etc. Here is one of them: http://nashvilletash.blogspot.com/ In high school and my freshman year in college, I ran at least 3-4 miles every day. No joke. If I didn't run, I almost couldn't sleep at night. I was that dedicated. Not to bloat, but my legs looked amazing, I remember feeling better than ever, and I was in such great shape! Well, I would really love to get back to that. I wanted to start running last week, but the weather has been so crappy, getting out and going for a jog seemed almost impossible. If its just cold, I could handle that, but its either been iced over, snowing, or raining. Yuck. I thought the weather would be better this week, but yesterday it was snowing when we pulled into town, and today so far its only reached 28 degrees. Sigh. BUT, I will start! Today as a matter of fact. I'm thinking that if I publically profess my need to start running again, maybe y'all can keep me accountable?? :)
Here is my schedule for the week:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 2 miles @10:00 pace
Wednesday: 4 miles @ 11:30 pace
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 miles @ 10:45 pace
Sunday: 3 miles @ 10:20 pace

My Pace will probably be a little slower, since I'm just starting out. I'm super excited :D so wish me luck and pray I dont die! haha! :)

0 sweet comments...: