Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blessed ~

Whew, what whirlwind of a week, but a pretty good weekend I must say, and WOW, that was a whole lot of W's. Ha! It was pretty relaxed and low key for the most part, which is exactly how I like it. Saturday night I went out with the girls, and I made it past 8:30!! Ha! It was an interesting night, I must say. I think the funnest part of the whole night was eating at What-a-burger after we left the Piano Bar around 12. We chatted til about 1:30am, and decided it was probably time to head home, haha. Don and I got in a "I love you more" texting fight while we were chowing down (except we weren't really fighting) and it about made all the girls puke, so that was fun. :) Hehe, I love him.

Pretty much the worst picture of me ever, but the only one we took.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Sundays?? I probably have to the point of annoyance. Well, 8:00am came pretty early this morning, but for a good reason - Church of course! Don & Katie headed over for my Cinnamon rolls with orange juice & coffee before heading out and they were Mmmm mmmm mmmmm good! :)


Church was awesome like always, and today's sermon was a little different. Our pastor Chris and his beautiful wife answered random questions together on stage that members of the congregation had posted. They talked about your relationship with that special someone before marriage and I must say, it felt so good to know Don & I are trying our very hardest to commit to putting the Lord FIRST & honoring Him. Our relationship is better than its ever been, and I have God to thank for that. :)

After church we had lunch at my favorite place, McCalisters. You can never go wrong with some good 'ol fashioned sweet tea! Its such a gorgeous day here I thought I would go buy some flowers to spruce up my little home, and I have NEVER had flowers that have smelled up an entire room! They're a light purple and they make me smile. I cleaned my house REALLY well on Friday, & there is NOTHING better than a fresh, clean home. :):) And since Spring has sprung (kind of), my girls and I decided that it was time for spring pedicures!! I picked out the prettiest pink, and I love it! Then, we got a little crazy and went to the park! haha. We stayed there for almost 2 hours, talked, laughed, had a few heart-to-hearts, and just enjoyed the sunshine, it was so refreshing.
And of course, it wouldn't be a true Sunday if I didn't have an hour long chat on the phone with my lovely Momma. :) I had some things on my mind, and is it just me, or does a talk with your mom make everything better?? I love it, & it pretty much made for a perfect Sunday. :)

I'm cooking dinner right now for Don because well, he deserves it, and just preparing for the week ahead - a crazy busy one, but very exciting too. :) I'm so blessed to have such a great church, a family that amazes me more everyday, real friends that never leave my side, & a boyfriend that is SO good to me.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday, and even better week! :)

Random Bible Verse: Matthew 5:43-44 Jesus said: "You have heard it was said: Love your neighbor, but hate your enemy; but I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." :)

1 sweet comments...:

Kelsey Claire said...

There is not much better in this world than McAlister's sweet tea. I am going to go get a pedicure tomorrow with my mom and I can't wait. Happy Sunday!