Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Whew- what a whirlwind of a week! I'm happy to say it's almost over because I have a fun weekend planned. But until then, I will rejoice because this is the day that the Lord has made. :)

  • I'm sooo thankful for all this rain!!! Praise the Lord, because we need it!! :):)
  • I'm thankful for Barnes & Noble because that is currently where I reside, pretty much loving life. :)
  • I'm thankful for BETH MOORE! OK, so I'm sure a lot of y'all read Kelly's blog, and you would all know she is going to Atlanta with blog friends to hear Beth's seminar over her book, So Long Insecurities WELL, our sweet little Baptist church in my hometown is hosting a  live pod-cast this Saturday from 9-3 & one of my BFF's from high school is going with me!!! YAY!!! I can not explain how excited I am. I get to go home, and I get to be inspired!!
  • I'm so thankful for my friends. I know I probably say this a lot - but they are so sweet. We all had a heart-to-heart at my place last night, and it was beyond moving. :)
  • I'm thankful for the LORD, especially right now. So I have been praying that a couple of my friends would come to church, have an open heart, etc. I started my Bible Study (Breaking Free) as you all know - and 2 of them never seemed very interested. Last night, they both broke down and told us they wanted to join, PTL!!!!!! So they bought the book today, we're going to hold off BS this week so they can get caught up, and we will start fresh next Wednesday!!! God does answer prayers.
  • I'm thankful for all of YOU! Seriously...of all your advice, sweet words, loving posts, & prayers really do make my days a little better. Also, thanks for all the tips on the annoying-ness of THE pimple, LOL! So happy I joined the 'blog world.' :-D
  • I'm thankful for MOVIES...haha. Don & I saw Date Night a couple of nights ago, and it was super cute.
  • I'm thankful for fingernail polish. Another...'haha' But really - what can make a girl feel a little bit prettier, and a little more girly???


Random: I'm reading a chapter a day in a book called, The Purpose Driven Life, and it has strengthened my relationship with Christ more than I could have ever imagined. I HIGHLY recommend it to any of you!!! Anyways, I saw this and just had to share: "We are commanded to love each other, pray for each other, encourage each other, admonish each other, greet each other, serve each other, teach each other, accept each other, honor each other, bear each other's burdens, forgive each other, submit to each other, be devoted to each other, & many other mutual tasks. This is biblical membership! "

Going to church does not make you a Christian - that's what I always thought anywho. WRONG. Good people don't go to heaven, FORGIVEN people do.

0 sweet comments...: