Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Prayer


My amazing church has what's called a "prayer night" every Monday night. Basically, it's like a regular church service, but instead of a sermon our prayer pastor Barry, will talk about certain things like: answered prayers, prayer that the church needs, prayers for certain people, etc. It's also a time to receive prayer if you're going through something tough, or what-not. It's basically awesome & uplifting.

I've tried to make it a habit to attend every Monday night, & so far so good! I missed last week for the first time in almost 2 months, & boy did I regret not going. I usually go with my friends Lauren & Jerica, or my sweet lover. We've also kind of made it our Monday night "thing" to go to prayer, & then meet up at Starbucks after. Just 3 girls, coffee, laughter, some serious moments, advice, encouragement, & just ears to listen.



It does my soul good. I love it, and I love these 2 girls. There is nothing better than having friends that will pray for you, & truly understand what it means to have the Lord be the center of your life.


There is nothing more important than prayer.


God hears every single one of them, He may not answer them right away, or He may not answer them at all. But He ALWAYS always knows what's best for us. We are all on HIS plan.


"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

If I can ever pray for ANY of you, please don't ever hesitate to ask! Shoot me an e-mail (jennie_c2005@yahoo.com) & I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

 Also - here is a link to check out Monday Night Prayers blog!

Happy Tuesday!  

2 sweet comments...:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

You are an inspiration.

Catherine said...

prayer is so important. my bible study class is praying that my husband and i will conceive. will you pray that we will, too?