Monday, May 9, 2011

Since I've been gone...

....things has been beyond crazy! Seriously, so busy & lots going on. It seems like May & June are always the busiest months for everyone. But like I always say, I wouldn't have it any other way :)

First things FIRST... there is MORE firein West Texas! We need prayers, people! Lots of 'em! I came home to Alpine (very last minute trip) for Mothers Day. As y'all know, we've had very bad forest fires (click on the read my post about the fire 3 weeks ago) here because we haven't had rain in almost a year. It's bad.

Right in the middle of our mothers day lunch out here at my grandparents house in the country, we see smoke. The rest is history, kind of.

It's been almost 24 hours, and over 6,000 acres have been burned, & let me tell ya - those flames were WAY to close for comfort. We were suppose to evacuate, but we never left because we would NOT let those flames get to this house. We did take down pictures that couldn't be replaced just in case, and some documents. My grandpa has been a firefighter for over 30 years, and now he teaches huge seminars all over the state of Texas to young firefighters. So, needless to say he knows his stuff. Here are some pictures I took with my iPhone.

Fire is just over that mountain

On the opposite side. Let's just say we were praying hard.

Texas Forest Service has been out here making fire lines & what-not. Pretty intense.

There have been planes and helicopters since yesterday flying over head. Please pray for rain!!!
Phew! My grandpa just left to fight fire, when I asked him if I could go, he straight up told me, "No!" ha! Do you think it's because I'm a girl?!?! hehe :)

In other news, we celebrated my friend Candice's birthday last week with happy hour! I only got one picture with my phone. We had a good 2 hours of skinny girl margaritas & laughs!


I helped my momma plant some pretty flowers on Saturday :)

Belle & I on Sunday. Ellie was with her granny! ha!

This is a pretty random post, and probably pretty boring (ha), but I guess the main point is just pray for rain. Hopefully they can get all these fires out sooner than later. I have to go back to L tomorrow morning (boo) to resume work & life, but it was nice to have a little break, even if it was being spent watching fires!

2 sweet comments...:

Anonymous said...

I'll will definitely continue to pray for rain! :)

Neely said...

Oh Praying for rain!