Monday, February 14, 2011

"Livin' on love....

.... buyin' on time, without somebody nothin' aint worth a dime." Oh that Alan Jackson - he sure can sing a tune. Let's remember I'm from Texas here. :) This is "our" song...we both love it & live by it. :)


Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! I'm am SO SO SO blessed to have this wonderful guy to spend my V-day with. Since we both work today...we did our "date" yesterday, and tonight we're cooking din din. :) I woke up to these this morning.... with the sweetest card. Cliche, I know.

"...Two young people without a thing
 Say some vows and spread their wings
 Settle down with just what they need
Livin on love...."


"....She don't care 'bout whats in style
 She just likes the way he smiles
 It takes more than marble and tile
Livin on love..."


"...Livin' on love, buyin on time
 Without somebody nothing aint worth a dime
 Just like an old fashioned story book rhyme
 Livin' on love..."

And I can only hope & pray I end up at the end of my life singing this verse... :)

"...Two old people without a thing,
Children gone and still they sing
Side by side in that front porch swing
Livin' on love
He can't see anymore
And she can barely sweep the floor
Hand in hand they'll walk through the door
Just livin' in love....."


I love that there is a day to celebrate love. Now - I DO think it's pretty cheesy :) and we never really do anything too big on 'ol V-day...but we have started a tradition - we cook our favorite meal and make chocolate covered strawberries. Awwwwww :):):)

Now, for all you single gals...God has big plans for each & every one of us...& your time is coming. :)

I don't ever take my relationship with my love for granted, ever. I am so thankful that God has brought us together....waaaaay back. Need proof? Well, ok....but ONLY because it's Valentine's Day. :)

You guessed right.... that is defintely me with the pink ribbons....dreaming about that blonde haired boy. :)

Our first Pat Green concert, we were 17...& in love. :)



Our love story & how we "met" again in fourth grade, & how I had a MAD crush on him til 8th grade is a another post for a different day! :) COMING SOON. hehe

2 sweet comments...:

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.:Chelsey:. said...

Glad you had a great Valentine's Day! How awesome that you have know each other since you were kids!

I gave you a Breath-Taking Blog Award Jennie! See the details on my blog! http://heartoftxgirl.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-im-loving-wednesday_16.html